How can i remove 'backdoor.greybird.gen'

Ben capewell 19:45 30 Aug 2006

I have run spydoctor, and it has fount the above infection wich it says is a critical, problem any ideas how i can remove this with out paying to spydoctor,
i have run the following over the past month and it never fount this problem.
AVG Free
Adware
regfix
ccleaner
Trendmicro, with the latest pattern.
i have been posting messages over the last month over my pc running slow could this be my problem.

STREETWORK 19:51 30 Aug 2006

To get rid of this you should run hijackthis

click here

and post a log at the same site, this will be looked at by a volunteer techie who will assist in removing graybird.

Also update your anti virus program.

graybird is a trojan

Ben capewell 19:58 30 Aug 2006

Dont mean to sound a cheap skate, is it free, if i knew all these pay for sites worked i would never object to paying. Would this of been causing me problems over the last 3 months, please i hope you say yes

STREETWORK 20:03 30 Aug 2006

It is likely. if you google search for it you will see that hijackthis is the option to go for.

The service is free.

STREETWORK 20:03 30 Aug 2006

by the way its graybird not greybird

VoG II 20:04 30 Aug 2006

You could try a-squared first which is an excellent trojan killer click here

Otherwise download and run HJT click here and post the log on the MWR forum click here

STREETWORK 20:09 30 Aug 2006

I agree with VoG, but the techie will possibly point you to do this. for details of posting a log

click here

This site seems to be working quiker at getting though logs

Ben capewell 20:24 30 Aug 2006

i tried a-squared a month ago and did a scan and it fount nothing, but any way you guys on this forum always seems to know your stuff and are very good for wich i thankyou for. so i will give it a try,
Would this nasty bugger slow my pc down ?

Ben capewell 20:59 30 Aug 2006

Would this trojan slow my pc down and why did AVG not detect it , can you advise of a better anti spy - virus detector.
thanks

VoG II 21:02 30 Aug 2006

AVG detects viruses. A trojan is not a virus. Try click here

Mr Mistoffelees 21:28 30 Aug 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?