how can i read my mail

bobbybluenose 20:07 02 May 2008

my msn has being down for over two weeks i have tried searching the error codes following all the info but got noware just want to know is there any other program that will open my mail msn.com osxp cheers bbn

tullie 20:12 02 May 2008

I think you should be looking at why its not working,mine hasent missed a beat,do you mean wIndows live maiL/ hotmail?

bobbybluenose 20:23 02 May 2008

tullie believe me my friend i have being ripping my hair out for over a week trying to solve this from reading threads from other sites windows live support phone calls uninstalling reinstalling and so on just cant sign in

tullie 20:40 02 May 2008

The only thing i can suggest without knowing exactly whats happening,is to create a new account and start from scratch?

bobbybluenose 20:53 02 May 2008

thanks tullie bin there done that no good i have tried everything humanly possible so i will have to save all my programs and reinstall xp and start from scratch i have not got a memory stick is it difficult to save programs to cd cheers bbn

bobbybluenose 20:58 02 May 2008

tullie just tried toopen eith outlook express and this Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'click here', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 804, Socket Error: 87, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0 any ideas how to solve this

tullie 21:16 02 May 2008

Sorry,im sure someone may have the answer.What happens when you try to send an email directly from Hotmail/Windows Live?

MAT ALAN 21:40 02 May 2008

Try turning your Anti-virus email scanner OFF...

bobbybluenose 21:48 02 May 2008

MAT ALAN soz my friend not quit sure how to do this i have just restored to earlier date and tried to open mail and get this o and thanks for helping my son out the night i was away bbn

bobbybluenose 21:49 02 May 2008

MAT ALAN Unable to send or receive messages for the Msn (bobybluenose1956) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later.

Server Error: 0x80048820
Server: 'click here'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820

tullie 09:25 03 May 2008

Try a google search for error message,i will be interested the end result when its sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?