How can I re-name my Hard Drives, CD/DVD drivers ?

Antonio Machado 14:45 16 Jan 2009

Hello experts !

How can I re-name my Hard Drives, CD/DVD Drivers and the recently adquired Sony Multi-card Reader/Writter ? Whenever I click "Start" and then "My computer" I can read only C:\, D:\..... F:\, etc. and I would like to read for instance "F:\ Multi-card Reader/Writter" so I can identify each component with easy. How can I do that ? I have tried right click over each component but I can not see the option "Rename" in the menus. Please help me amigos, thanks in advance, best, Antonio.

Stuartli 14:51 16 Jan 2009

You are on the right lines, but are you/do you have to be logged on as the Administrator?

MAT ALAN 14:51 16 Jan 2009

OLA antonio,

My computer> right click drive>select rename>enter name...

Good luck...

Stuartli 14:53 16 Jan 2009

Antonio Machado has clearly been following that route.

MAT ALAN 14:53 16 Jan 2009

Wish i'd read the post properly as i can see you do not have that option...sorry

kalignorgna 14:53 16 Jan 2009

go to my computer right click on your Hard drive and click on properties in the general tab there is a type box type in what you want the drive to be called then apply and ok, repeat step for any over devices you want to rename. this works in XP and I think it is the same process in vista

MAT ALAN 14:53 16 Jan 2009

Gotta get me glasses changed...

Stuartli 14:54 16 Jan 2009

Try again, but this time in Windows Explorer rather than My Computer.

Antonio Machado 09:43 18 Jan 2009

Thank you very much my friends, my questions was solved. Best, Antonio.

Stuartli 10:14 18 Jan 2009

Good. But how?

The idea is that others with a similar problem will have some guidance in the future..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?