How can I re-connect to internet?

jenufa 16:38 28 Jun 2014

Hi, having recently purchased a Brother printer/scanner I've been trying,unsuccessfully,to connect to bluetooth and get it working wirelessly.Everything is functioning-apart from my Toshiba laptop,which refuses access to internet. help please.I need that laptop!

Woolwell 16:40 28 Jun 2014

Printer/scanners normally use wifi not bluetooth for wireless operations. How are you connecting the Tosh - cable or wifi?

jenufa 20:15 28 Jun 2014

Thanks for replying.No cables! Have managed to connect to internet but unable to connect to printer via wifi. Printer is successfully connected to hub but not responding to Toshiba via wifi. Hope that makes sense!

Woolwell 20:22 28 Jun 2014

Which model of Brother? Did you install the drivers on the laptop?

Forum Editor 09:15 29 Jun 2014

"Everything is functioning-apart from my Toshiba laptop,which refuses access to internet"

There was a major problem with internet access yesterday - BT is apologising for it.

john bunyan 13:06 29 Jun 2014

There are separate drivers for the wi fi and cable for a Brother; have you specified the "default printer" in your settings? I got a bit fed up with one for a relative and in the end cabled it.

john bunyan 13:08 29 Jun 2014
  jenufa 00:00 30 Jun 2014

i actually got my thought processes working and checked y default printer. It was indeed in 'error' so I changed it. I'm pleased to report that my Toshiba is connected to the internet and everything is working well. Thanks for all your help,guys.

jenufa 00:00 30 Jun 2014

i actually got my thought processes working and checked y default printer. It was indeed in 'error' so I changed it. I'm pleased to report that my Toshiba is connected to the internet and everything is working well. Thanks for all your help,guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?