How can I print part of a web page?

Davidac 23:01 15 Mar 2003

I have tried selecting part of a web page text
by clicking and selecting some text,then right clicking and selecting copy,but if I try to print ,the whole web page is printed out.
Is their a way to print out just part of a web page?

bvw in bristol 23:11 15 Mar 2003

Copy the text to Notepad and then print. You should find Notepad in "Accessories".

ton 23:13 15 Mar 2003

After highlighting and clicking copy, open Word or similar program and right click, then paste. Now you can print.

Peter E 23:15 15 Mar 2003

Select the text you want, go to Print, choose Print selection from the Page Range options under the General tab.

(If you right click and copy your selection you have to paste it into a word processor or similar and then print it from there).

Regards

Djohn 23:16 15 Mar 2003

Yes, highlight the text you wish to copy by left clicking, hold down and dragging your cursor over the text.

Now take your finger off the button and the text will remain highlighted.

Click on Print, and when the print box comes up on screen, put a tick or dot in the (Print selection), this will now print out only the text you have selected. J.

Forum Editor 23:19 15 Mar 2003

the text is sent to the Windows clipboard, which is just a name for a temporary directory. Then, when you right click in a text-entry area - say a word processor, or a Desk Top Publishing document, the text is transferred from the clipboard to the document.

Once the text is in the document you can print it normally.

Don't forget that text on a web page (any web page) is protected by copyright, and you mustn't re-publish it without the copyright holder's consent. You can of course print it for your own use.

Davidac 21:08 18 Mar 2003

Thanks for your help everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?