How can I print cd covers

ponytail 11:55 01 Feb 2014

This is connected to my previous post about CD covers.My printer is a Brother DCP-J315W.Just wondered if it was possible to print CD labels on this printer.On my previous Epson printer I was able to insert the blank label and print onto it.I do have A4 size printer sheets which I could print to but then would have to cut them to fit the disc which is not easy.Anybody out there have any suggestions.

ponytail 11:56 01 Feb 2014

Apologies it should have said CD labels not covers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:11 01 Feb 2014

You can buy blank A4 CD lables and print using word templates or similar

click here

ponytail 14:07 01 Feb 2014

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\ Yes have seen these in various shops could you explain what is meant by print using word templates or similar as have never done this before so all new to me,Thank's again

ponytail 14:10 01 Feb 2014

Did you mean something like this

online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/free-cd-label-maker-software

ponytail 11:40 03 Feb 2014

Would I be able to buy sheets of labels with just the one label in the middle of the sheet which I would peel off when printed and then use a applicator on which I place the label then the disc or is it the other way round

bumpkin 14:57 03 Feb 2014

It is years since I have done this but I seem to remember that I bought a kit "Avery Labels" I think. I would imagine that there is still something similar available. You get Labels, software and applicator in the kit and can then subsequently just but the labels Very easy to do and not expensive. Have a look on the net and see what is available.

bumpkin 15:07 03 Feb 2014

A bit more, the labels came on A4 sheets that you could put in any printer they were partially cut so you could just peel off the round label. The software would automatically put your text photos etc in the correct position.

BT 17:37 03 Feb 2014

Most CD labels come with 2 on each sheet. If you only need to do one just turn the sheet round to use the other one later.

lotvic 23:44 03 Feb 2014

Windows Media Player will print them, list of templates to choose from in Tools | plug ins | Windows CD label maker

sharpamat 06:38 04 Feb 2014

Mediface is another program paper available at many outlets inc ARGOS 2 per sheet either matt or glossy print peel off and apply There is available a little gadget that centres so the disc goes on correctley very simple to use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone