How can I open a mdi file please?

Harosie 12:58 03 Apr 2009

I have some documents saved in office 2003 on a windows xp computer that I have now put on my new computer running office 2007, windows vista. The documents are saved as mdi files and I found I was unable to open them. I went in to control panel, office 2007, and installed the microsoft document image writer which I thought would solve the problem, but I'm still unable to open the documents as they are trying to open in adobe acrobat 9. Please can anyone explain to me how to make these documents open correctly as I can't work out how to make them open. I have tried the default programmes list but don't know what to change them to.

MAJ 13:06 03 Apr 2009

See if this helps, Harosie. click here

Harosie 20:02 04 Apr 2009

Thanks MAJ. I have done all that the article recommended and I have microsoft image writer installed but my saved documents still try to open in adobe acrobat 9. Any suggestions please?

Strawballs 20:30 04 Apr 2009

Go to windows update and download Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 1.

It might help my daughter had the opposite problem we have office 2003 and the computer where she works has 2007 and she could not use the info on her USB stick to do work at home untill we downloaded this.

lotvic 21:37 04 Apr 2009

Did you try a reboot after installing microsoft image writer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?