How can I have TV on my PC

281apple 10:09 23 Jun 2008

Is it possible to receive TV on my PC from the UK, US, and French and Spanish speaking countries ? If yes, what do I need to do? Is it very expensive?

Stuartli 10:15 23 Jun 2008

Although I have a Freeview PCI TV card in my system, I also occasionally use JLC's Internet TV (freeware), which has many hundreds of channels available. See:

click here

Al94 10:29 23 Jun 2008

Great link Stuartli - thanks.

281apple 10:30 23 Jun 2008

Thanks Stuartli, I'll give it a try and will let you know.

281apple 11:22 23 Jun 2008

SUPER LINK STUARTLI - - THANKS. IT WILL TAKE A BIT OF PINPOINTING THE PROGRAMS THAT INTEREST ME AND A FRIEND OF MINE IN SPAIN WHO IS LEARNING ENGLISH. THERE MUST BE A CATCH TO IT SOMEWHERE BECAUSE IT IS ALMOST TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Stuartli 13:54 23 Jun 2008

Not really a catch - most TV and radio stations have a website and I suspect that's what most of the Internet TV links use.

There used to be a very good equivalent for radio stations in earlier editions of Windows Media Player, but it's a feature that's been much curtailed.

You could, for instance, listen live to US police, fire and ambulance personnel whilst on normal or emergency duties; however, the use of digital radios these days has meant many such broadcasts are no longer available.

281apple 18:09 23 Jun 2008

Thanks for the feedback Stuartli. The reason I initially asked the question is that 123 Greetings Cards sent me an Email offering a TV Tuner program for 99,90US$. It appears that they have done about the same thing you said that JLC's FREEWARE does. In any event, JLC's freeware is just fine for my needs. I haven't yet found out how to save as something on JLC's list so that I can have it on an External HD to see later. I'll keep looking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?