How can I get windows speech recognition to type w

Internetwhizzkid 09:44 02 Apr 2007

Hi,
As I have already stated in a previous thread I have just upgraded my computer from windows XP to vista. Now ever since the beta’s were made public I have since then been a fan of the integrated speech recognition as not only does it enable me to complete certain tasks with my voice but it also proves that I don’t have to use my hands to use the computer.
Anyway I have mastered the skill of opening and closing applications with the recognition. However when I opened a certain type of web page such as google or youtube I don’t seem to have the ability to enter text in search boxes by saying the words aloud and having them entered automatically on the other hand when I speak words in applications such as Microsoft word it will dictate what I am saying and also by all means it should work when I dictate words in two A windows live messenger window.
Anyway what I am trying to ask is, does anybody know how I can use the windows vista Speech recognition not only to open and close application windows but to enter text into web pages and windows live message dialogue boxes.
I am sure that somebody will be able to help me with this issue and I am sure we will all one day be able to use speech recognition to complete a hard day’s tasks.
Thanks
Ben

Pesala 22:42 04 Apr 2007

The reason may be that the search field doesn't have focus. I have to press Tab before I can type. If you can tell your computer to press the tab key it should work.

woodchip 22:47 04 Apr 2007

you may have to tap inside box first

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?