How can I get rid of TR/ATRAPS?

Ray5776 16:13 31 Jan 2009

Hello everyone,
I can not seem to get rid of this trojan.
If I run my antivirus it stops before finishing even if left on all day. If I run it in safe mode with "System Restore" disabled it takes about 1 hour and shows nothing present but when I reboot in normal windows it keeps showing up no matter how many times I try to delete it.
I have looked on the web and tried suggestions from a previous posting but to no avail.
I have closed my previous thread as the title may have been unclear, ticked as solved but it is not.
Can anyone help me on this please.

Ray

crosstrainer 16:31 31 Jan 2009

Download, update and run:

click here

Ray5776 17:23 31 Jan 2009

Thanks crosstrainer, tried it and it ran for 20mins showing 6 infections then just stopped.
Then blank screened about 2mins later.

Ray

MAT ALAN 17:27 31 Jan 2009

click here

this may help...

Ray5776 19:12 31 Jan 2009

Thanks MAT ALAN looked at this but not free, says it is but not so.
Thanks crosstrainer,the program on your link seems to have sorted this but I am still a bit apprehensive.
See what tomorrow brings.

ray

brundle 19:22 31 Jan 2009

Vundo variant which uses a rootkit-like method to hide various bits of itself; click here

You need something like SmitFraud/Combofix which runs in Safe Mode, but best done under the supervision of one of the experts at a malware forum.

Or follow someone else's instructions after the event....click here

Ray5776 23:08 31 Jan 2009

thanks brundle i am trying your link, it now is in safe mode and says double click run this.bat but where is the thing to double click?

Ray

brundle 23:49 31 Jan 2009

"Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode etc etc

* Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script."

Ray5776 23:57 31 Jan 2009

Thanks brundle I appreciate your help, I have done exactly as you suggested and all seems ok until the click on "run this.bat" click where?

Ray

Ray5776 00:21 01 Feb 2009

Hi again, I have managed to start this after using search , there was no icon or tab on the screen. Hope it works.
RaY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires