How can I get online at home ???????????

lodger 15:41 31 Oct 2007

Just bought a laptop/ notebook with Windows Vista, probably great for travelling and using wifi hotspots.... but I can't install my broadband speedtouch 330 modem at home and so am still using my old rig and Win98 for surfing.....do I need to get a new modem just for Vista?........it's got a dial up V90 modem built in.....

Graham. 15:58 31 Oct 2007
  FreeCell 15:59 31 Oct 2007

When you say "can't install ... at home" do you mean Speedtouch USB drivers don't work?

Try loading the Speedtouch 330 4.1 driver for Vista
click here

Note what it says about removing any other speedtouch drivers first. When installing new modem drivers, it is good practice to unplug your USB modem, uninstall the current drivers, reboot your computer if necessary, then install the new ones. However, for users with Windows Vista computers, the process for doing this, as documented on the SpeedTouch download page is VERY IMPORTANT. Please read and understand the steps contained there before proceeding with the installation of the drivers you download.

Many older devices have had problems with drivers on Vista as manufactures have chosen not to provide thge new drivers required.

€dstowe 16:36 31 Oct 2007

Do you have broadband enabled on your home phone line?

lodger 18:06 31 Oct 2007

I shall install the vista drivers............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?