How can I find the product key that works.

Rotenone 15:01 02 Jul 2010

I have a Packard Bell laptop and when I try to access Microsoft Word it asks for a product key.I am allowed 25 tries.
There is a 25 character key on the label on the base of the computer which,when I enter it, is the wrong one. I went in to 'Help' and I have tried all the suggestions with no luck.I have also tried to find Microsoft's 'phone number with no luck.When I tried 'Start'-'Computer'-'Properties'-Actvate Windows now',I find that it is already activated.can anybody please help me solve this problem?

MAT ALAN 15:05 02 Jul 2010

Microsoft word is part of an office package like 2003 or 2007 you will need the licence kaey that came with that...

alternatively

click here

you could use the prog in the link

northumbria61 15:42 02 Jul 2010

"There is a 25 character key on the label on the base of the computer"

You are confusing Windows activation code (which is your installed Microsoft Operating System with Microsoft Office activation code.

As Mat Alan says Microsoft Word is part of Microsoft Office ie - MS Office 2003 or more recently MS Office 2007. If you purchased MS Office of either version you should have the box in which it came which should have the code on that is needed to activate the product.

AlanHo 16:21 02 Jul 2010

If you purchased the computer ecently it may have come loaded with a trial version of Microsoft Office. After a set period it will ask you for an activation key and should indicate how to buy one from Microsoft.

Strawballs 16:42 02 Jul 2010

It could also be that it came with MS Works which comes with Word so look in your documentation to see if you have a book for Works which might have a product key on it.

birdface 20:41 02 Jul 2010

If you have it on your computer and just cannot remember the keycode Try downloading SIW and look under secrets.

Rotenone 08:10 03 Jul 2010

Buteman,
What is SIW?

Technotiger 08:32 03 Jul 2010

System Information Windows (SIW)

click here

Technotiger 08:34 03 Jul 2010

Or run Belarc ... click here

Rotenone 09:08 03 Jul 2010

Hi,
How will Belarc help me find the Microsoft Office activation code?

Technotiger 09:41 03 Jul 2010

If you do have the program on your computer, Belarc usually lists all Keys it finds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?