How can I find my HD data?

PAE 20:29 14 Jul 2006

Please I need information on where the info on my Hard Drives is kept. i.e.cache and rpm
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 20:34 14 Jul 2006

The easiest way is to ID the harddisk and look at the manufacturers specificaion.

click here for SIW which is a useful little program.

PAE 09:16 16 Jul 2006

Great programme. Gives me a mountain of information about my PC, except for the one thing I need. HD speed. I want to do some video editing and I need to know if it is 5400 or 7200. I suspect the former as it is 3yrs old.

ed-0 09:46 16 Jul 2006

right click my computer > properties > device manager > disk drives. Copy the model number of your hard drive. paste it into click here This will give you so many hits about your drive. You can then find out what rotational speed it has.

Just because it's over three years old doesn't mean that it will be the slower drive. 7200 rpm drives have been out for far longer than that.;-)

PAE 17:27 16 Jul 2006

thanks. Solved, have 2 HDs both seem to be 7200 with 2Mb cache. Maxtor was easy but the other which is a Seagate would only give info in Japanese and gibberish when translated; but I managed in the end. Thanks

ed-0 18:40 16 Jul 2006

You must be pleased that both are 7200. Although the cache is a bit small, it will certainly make up for it with the speed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?