How can I expand the pop-up window of "Favorites"?

Antonio Machado 15:14 15 May 2009

Hola experts !

I have a lot of websites under "Favorites" of course I have them classified by subject, sub-folders, etc. but I find the dimensions of the "Favorite" windows very small. Is there any way to expand those small pop-up windows so I can writte more descriptive tittles ? I have Windows XP Professional Pack 3. Thanks in advance, best, Antonio Machado.

Wak 15:24 15 May 2009

In my XP, if you write a longer title (or rename the Favourite) then the window expands in width to suit the title.
Is that what you are after??

oldbeefer2 15:35 15 May 2009

If you click the green arrow at the top right of the favorites window (pin favorites) you can expant the window in the usual way (put cursor over right hand side, changes to double arrow, hold left mouse button and drag to suit). This is for IE7.

Kevscar1 15:35 15 May 2009

Mine goes right to the bottom of the screen with scroll arrow to go further down.

oldbeefer2 15:36 15 May 2009

Means 'expand'. Finger trouble!

Andsome 15:46 15 May 2009

Open Favourites, then move the pointer to below the vertical scroll bar. Move the mouse to the right until a double headed arrow appears, then drag the column to whatever width toy want it to be. Does this answer the question?

Antonio Machado 16:22 15 May 2009

then whenever you see your "Favorites" it cuts the tittle to fit it in that small space. Please continue helping me. Best, Antonio.

Antonio Machado 16:23 15 May 2009

Please continue helping me my friend, thanks, Antonio.

Antonio Machado 16:24 15 May 2009

appear anywhere, please continue helping me. Best, Antonio.

oldbeefer2 16:58 15 May 2009

In IE, click 'help' and 'about internet explore'. That will tell you.

Andsome 07:53 16 May 2009

[Andsome: the double headed arrow does not ...
appear anywhere, please continue helping me. Best, Antonio.]

You must slowly take the pointer to the right hand side of the favourites column, and it should then appear. It is quite a delicate operation. Once the arrow appears, press down on the mouse button and drag to the right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?