How can I attach photographs to an email

micemews 13:06 02 Dec 2007

I use Hotmail as my main email address. I have sent emails via Hotmail to Asus regarding a faulty motherboard chipset fan. Asus have replaced the fan but it is not the same as the original and in order for them to help me fit the new fan they have asked me to send them photographs of both fans. To reply to Asus it says 'please click here if you wish to reply to this email'

I have the photographs in My Documents but when I highlight the file and click on email this file it opens up Outlook Express not Hotmail. Can anyone tell me how to attach these photographs to the reply in that I want to make to Asus.

Thanks

I hope that I have explained the problem properly.

crosstrainer 13:08 02 Dec 2007

open outlook, write your email and then click Insert...Choose File attachment, browse to the saved location and send your mail.

johnnyrocker 13:11 02 Dec 2007

or if you wis to use hotmail click attach and a drop down of file or photo appears choose photo then search for pics and attach

johnny

DieSse 13:11 02 Dec 2007

You do it via hotmail - start hotmail, write your email response, - look for the attach files button at the top of the composition page, and use that.

micemews 13:34 02 Dec 2007

Thanks all. Your response was unbelievably quick and helpful. I think I have done it, after having to download an active x.

Is it possible to view the photographs in the attachments before sending the email?

Thanks.

johnnyrocker 13:35 02 Dec 2007

yes it is because you have to put a tick in those you wish to send.

johnny.

micemews 13:40 02 Dec 2007

Sorry, yes I have put the tick on the ones I wanted to send and they are on the email which I am about to send. What I want to know is can I view these on the email before I send it?

johnnyrocker 13:44 02 Dec 2007

unfortunately no but you could copy yourself in on the e mail to see how they turned out?

johnny

micemews 13:52 02 Dec 2007

Thanks.

Finally I hope, whilst on this subject of attaching photographs to emails, Is it possible in the box in Windows that says Email this File, open Hotmail rather than Outlook Express or maybe have the option of choosing which one to open.

johnnyrocker 13:55 02 Dec 2007

a bit above me but i think that somewhere there is an option to make hotmail your main preference but gawd knows where;)

johnnny.

micemews 13:59 02 Dec 2007

Thanks jhonnny. Maybe someone in this forum knows the answer. But my immediate problem is solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?