how can i add a printer driver to vista?

JEFoord 23:08 16 Mar 2009

I have a HP 7550 printer and have discovered that i need different drivers for it for xp and vista. It is connected to xp desktop and connects wirelessly via vista. i can print from vista laptop but properties box to change quality etc pops up for 1 second then goes. found out i need an alternative driver for vista. have changed permissions to allow both desktop and laptop to configure printer. when i search for printer on laptop it finds /desktop/printer but automatically installs using xp driver. have set up fake local printer with necessary driver thinking it would then appear in drop down menu when under advanced settings of network printer but no. the new driver tab is low lighted. how can i get vista laptop to find driver and place it in the required drop down menu?

Please help, not much hair left to pull out now!

MAJ 23:15 16 Mar 2009

Like my HP 7350 in Vista, an alternative driver is listed for it, follow these instructions. click here

JEFoord 23:22 16 Mar 2009

thanks for that but have already tried this. i think its because the printer it connected to xp desktop that when i change the port on the local printer advanced tab it cant detect the printer. i just need to get the driver installed by the method in the link to the drop down menu of the network printer. any more ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?