how can this happen

janetj235 09:13 13 Feb 2006

As i am a newbie, just a little confused, in how can i have microsoft antispyware and macafee, then start having problems so i unistall macafee, and download a freebie called Stop-sign threat, as i am now running a scan with this new site and up pops a notice saying that i have in mirosoft antispyware a trojon
how is this possible as i thought microsoft got rid of things like that

Skyver 09:19 13 Feb 2006

It's probably picking up something MS Antispyware has `caught` and quarantined safely. Personally I would trust MS Antispyware more than Stop-Sign. Look for `stop-sign` on this page; click here

Diodorus Siculus 09:25 13 Feb 2006

Try a few of the tried and tested programs:

click here
AdAware click here
SpyBot S&D, click here
cws

And tehn as a protection, click here
SpywareBlaster

janetj235 09:36 13 Feb 2006

thank you i have still got mirosoft antispyware, and just used this as an addition, sorry couldnt find in on the link

Totally-braindead 19:56 13 Feb 2006

I'm a little confused here, you deleted macafee, was this the antivirus program? If what do you now have because Microsoft anti spyware is just that - antispyware - it is not the same as an antivirus program.

janetj235 21:28 13 Feb 2006

i deleted macafee cos it cost so much money and only had it one year now they want me to pay again, so i have a free anitvirus and thank you everybody for your replies, i am understand more as i go along, and maybe one day i will be able to advize lol

skidzy 22:07 13 Feb 2006

Just to confirm with Totally-braindead,are you using Microsoft Antispy has your antivirus protection.....
If so,he is correct...Its NOT an Antivirus program,only antispyware/Malware help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?