how can compressed internet files be recovered

DRFUMMEL77 18:55 28 Feb 2003

disc clean-up on my pc has compressed internet files i needed to view by mistake.How can i access these files as disc clean-up says they have not been deleted

VoG™ 19:21 28 Feb 2003

It is best to stick to one thread. I appreciate that I got the wrong end of the stick on your first one click here

I suggest that you tick that one as "resolved" and we'll stick to this one.

I am assuming that you are using Windows XP. That has its own software for opening compressed files so I don't quite understand the problem. If you think that the file(s) has been moved, have you tried Start, Search to try to find it?

If you can spell out your problem in a bit more detail I'm sure that one of us can help.

VoG™ 21:53 28 Feb 2003

via e-mail

with regards to the problem with compressed files.I have tried to access the compressed internet files using start search method,but cannot access them because they dont have an actual name.These files are general images stored on the hard drive from recent internet use,and were given numbers rather than actual names.I hope this has made things clearer, as it must be easy to remedy, as it says quite clearly that the files were not deleted by disc clean-up.I must be doing something wrong, but what?
======================================

It is possible that you had files stored in the Internet Explorer temporary files directory. If you have, then used disk cleanup then it will have deleted them.

Have you looked in the Recycle bin?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?