how to burn cd right

YAMA 21:12 07 Jan 2007

hi room need good avice on burning cd, I have a dvd RW liteonlit , also on my pc I have been able to burn onto a cd, it plays back on win media player and jetauto, ok but will not play on my home dvd player, it is a wedding photo strip I made with music,So why can I not play it on the dvd player, my dvd player is mp3 jpg,
any ideas please as soon as pos. thank you, just what i have to do to get it to work , thanks again yama

Technotiger 21:34 07 Jan 2007

Hi, what program did you use to do the burning?
and does that program support burning to play results on DVD player?

Have a read all the way through this, might give you some idea ...

click here

YAMA 21:44 08 Jan 2007

tried with ner6 no joy plays great on the pc but not on the dvd player yama

Technotiger 21:47 08 Jan 2007

Right, it may be that your dvd player does not like the particular cd media you are using, might work if you try different make of blank dvd.

skidzy 21:49 08 Jan 2007

Did you finalise the disc ? this will enable it to play on standalone players....well most.

Strawballs 22:26 08 Jan 2007

Some stand alone DVD's prefer -R and some +R

YAMA 23:47 08 Jan 2007

(finalise) skidzy what is this ??? thank you yama

skidzy 00:01 09 Jan 2007

Without using Nero,i would hazzard a guess and look for multi session and change this.This leaves the disc open to write to again.

Someone with more knowledge of Nero will advise better.

YAMA 00:16 09 Jan 2007

thanks for all your advice, but nowt works, like i said play it back on the pc (GREAT) try on the dvd nothing, so have posted a new advice to rectify the problem, thanks again yama

terryf 00:34 09 Jan 2007

Have you looked at the specification/manual for your DVD player to see what types of DVD it plays? If you have lost the manual, do a google for it. You would then have a better idea of what you should be burning.

john-232317 08:41 09 Jan 2007

That sounds about right, why it doesn`t support other file types is a pain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017