How to burn bootable CD?

djsew 23:24 07 Dec 2006

I have managed to slipstream an SP2 copy with the XP Pro original; hopefully the next clean re-installation will be quicker and cleaner...
Its all ready to burn onto a CD, however, I am unable to set the boot image attribute 'No Emulation'; it doesn't seem to be an option in Nero Express 6.6. or Sonic. Believe it's in Nero 5.5 but that version doesn't recognise my Pioneer DVR107D.
Any suggestions please?

ajm 23:31 07 Dec 2006
  djsew 23:44 07 Dec 2006

Great ajm! another ref source on slipstreaming.
However, I note that there are clear instructions to set the 'No emulation' option in respect of boot image when burning. I can't find how to config Nero Express 6.6 to do this...
The discs I have produced don't boot into the win set-up procedure, they drop through to regular Win startup.

powerless 00:24 08 Dec 2006

I'm certain you cannot access these advanced settings in Express and they are only available in the ROM.

Strawballs 00:41 08 Dec 2006

click here have used this with nero

terryf 04:26 08 Dec 2006

If you wish, I can email you a 6 page word doc that is a detailed noddy guide to slipstreaming that worked for me

djsew 11:25 08 Dec 2006

Thanks to all, although I've cleared this thread as 'resolved', it is not so, but Powerless has given the reason why I can't get there with this Nero Express OEM hand-out. Going to have to source a full version I rekon...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?