How to block an email address in Hotmail ?

Antonio Machado 00:04 06 Jul 2009

Hello experts !

I work with Hotmail and receive lots of junk e-mails from persons or Companies I don't even know about. How could I block them so to don't receive them anymore ? thanks in advance, best, Antonio.

Technotiger 07:18 06 Jul 2009

click here

I believe Mailwasher is used by many Forum members.

Sea Urchin 10:00 06 Jul 2009

I bow to your superior knowledge Technotiger - but I don't think you can use programs like Mailwasher on a web based mail program like Hotmail - only if you're using Outlook/Windows Mail etc.

I would tick the box beside each of the junk messages, and click Junk. Hotmail will delete the messages, and mark the sender as unsafe. In future they will go straight to Junk.

Technotiger 10:06 06 Jul 2009

I use Hotmail Plus, and gave Mailwasher a try - it would work ok, but I did not keep it, I don't get that much Spam to worry about. The less I have on my System, the better - at least that is my view.

Technotiger 10:08 06 Jul 2009

BTW - Mailwasher works with plenty of different email programs like Outlook, Outlook Express, Incredimail and various others including I think Thunderbird.

VCR97 19:26 06 Jul 2009

Options>More Options>Safe and Blocked Senders>Blocked Senders. Then enter details.

To find message source:
Right click the item in the in-box and select View Message Source from the drop-down.

Unfortunately many spammers use meaningless addresses which they probably never use again, so it's probably simpler to do as Sea Urchin suggests.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?