how to back up MS office outlook inbox/sent items

buckrogers 13:25 05 Jan 2006

I'm attempting to back up my inbox & sent items folder from microsoft office outlook onto disc using nero. I've tried to find the inbox/sent items folders on the hard drive but cannot find them - I know they're buried in a folder within a folder somewhere on the hard drive.
Can anybody help?

dmc727 13:57 05 Jan 2006

I back up my Outlook email periodically to another hard drive as below. Then if you wish you could also copy the backup folder which you have created to disc as and when.

1. In Outlook click on menu header “File”, then “Import and Export”
2. A dialogue box appears called “Import and Export Wizard”. Select “Export to a file” and click on Next
3. On the next screen select “Personal Folder File (.pst)” as the type of file to create and click Next
4. On the next screen highlight “Personal Folders” and VERY IMPORTANT click on the checkbox for “Include subfolders”. Click on Next
5. On the next screen type the path or browse to the folder where you want to save the backup.pst file. Suggest NOT using the default which points to the Application Data folder; instead create a specific Email Backup folder within My Documents. The default option to replace duplicates is fine. If you wish you could also rename the file to buckrogers Email Backup.pst or something equivalent, just make sure you keep the .pst extension.
6. Click Next and you’re done!!

To restore, do the opposite.

File / Import and Export / Import from another program or file / Personal Folder File (.pst) / Browse to the backup.pst file, click Next and you’re done!!

anchor 14:24 05 Jan 2006

click here

Much better to have only one thread running on the same topic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?