How to add Gmail to Email in Internet Options

BILL WHITE 16:32 18 Mar 2009

I have just switched to BT as ISP and use googlemail for email. under Tools/Internet Options/Programs the only choice for email is Windows Live Hotmail;AOL;BT Yahoo and Outlook Express. This means I cannot click-on the 'Read Mail' button on the IE toolbar to access Googlemail. Is there any way to edit the choice of program under E-mail to add Googlemail?

Many thanks

Clapton is God 16:50 18 Mar 2009

Instead of having to mess about logging into GMail web mail every time, why not access your mail through an e-mail client? click here

Bald Eagle 18:44 18 Mar 2009

I've done it so it must be easy! Go to here for an explanation of how to send to Outlook Express click here

BE

BILL WHITE 06:19 19 Mar 2009

Thanks for advice. I've configured my Outlook Express(OE) for IMAP on googlemail and can now read my messages thru OE. But this means I have to open OE each session which is more or less equivalent to clicking on Googlemail. Am I missing something(other than knowledge!). I shoud say I don't keep my computer on all the time.

Clapton is God 13:38 19 Mar 2009

"But this means I have to open OE each session which is more or less equivalent to clicking on Googlemail"

How much easier do you want it to be?

Whichever e-mail client you use, you'd still have to open it "every session". There's no other way of getting at your e-mails!

The point of using an e-mail client is that, unlike web mail, you don't have to enter a user name and password every session.

BILL WHITE 15:56 19 Mar 2009

Thanks. I guess i just wanted to click on the Read Mail button on the IE toolbar and have it go to googlemail but it does go to outlook express and I can see my mail there.

I've also added the Mail Gadget to my Google sidebar, which l,oads automatically, so that tells me if I have any unread mail.

Thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?