How ad is 66 ms input lag?

Mary_S 20:17 23 Feb 2014

Hello,

I'm considering buying the LG 27MT93V (link below) but the 66 ms input lag is bothering me.

I'll be using the screen to watch Blu Ray films off a surround system.

Will a 66 ms input lag mean there may be some lip sync issues?

I'm not a serious gamer but may start playing Call of Duty online. I know it's not ideal but how bad really is 66 ms for online game playing?

My main concern is the lip sync of a dvd player.

click here thanks

Many

Mr Mistoffelees 20:32 23 Feb 2014

Input lag is the lag between the output from a graphics card and the image which is displayed on the screen you are using. It will usually manifest itself as the delay between you moving the mouse and that movement appearing on the screen.

The 66ms lag is probably OK for most things you might do but, it is not good for gaming, especially shooters.

For comparison, my monitor (Benq GW2750HM) has lag of just 6MS, as tested by TFT Central.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:46 23 Feb 2014

Done a bit more reading online, seems to me that the lag issue will, probably, not be a problem when watching DVDs. Note, that is only my view, not to be taken as gospel. I wouldn't want that much input lag for games though.

Mary_S 00:19 26 Feb 2014

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to buy the old fashion way and pop down to Currys to check it out. Hopefully the performance of the display model will put me at ease.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?