How about this

PUNKA 09:42 01 May 2004

Bleyonder/Telewest B/B £17.99 till the 31/05/04 BARGAIN OF THE MONTH ??

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:02 01 May 2004

'This 256kbps service is designed primarily for web surfing and email (no more than 750MB of traffic per day.'

G

Diodorus Siculus 10:13 01 May 2004

For those who pay £15.99 or so a month for dial up access, this is an excellent alternative. Theoretically 5 times faster and permanently on - sounds good to me. No real need here for broadband but this would tempt me.

However, there are other packages offering 512 speeds for a little more - v21 for example at £19.99. And if I recall correctly, others at even lower prices which may cause some problems given the tight margins the ISPs have at this price.

dagwoood 14:02 01 May 2004

I've had this service as soon as it became available.

The speed of this service is very good. No matter what time of the day it is I get download speeds of over 30kb/s, which in reality means it is over 5 times faster than dial up. I know speed tests can be a bit hit and miss(i.e.how busy the site that runs the test is)but I always get a bandwidth result of over 250kb.

At the time I had this connection installed, the dial up service was about to go up in price from £13/month to £14/month. For the extra £4/month it doesn't make sense to stay on dial up when you get the benefits of big increase in speed, a always on connection and it frees your phone line up. The technical advice service is also very good(had a problem with an ethernet adaptor which they talked me through an solved)and the calls are only charged at a local rate.

Sorry I sound like a telewest sales person but I can't praise this service enough, it does make a big difference when you've been trudging along on a dial up connection.

dagwoood.

GaT7 21:19 01 May 2004

You may also be interested in Wanadoo's £17.99 offer(Freeserve previously) - click here & click here. Recent discussions here about the same - click here & click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?