Hotmail versus NTLworld

GG2 20:45 04 Feb 2006

Anyone know of any 'relationship' problems between Hotmail and NTL?
I have recently had my Hotmail account.....'Access Denied/Account closed'
After numerous emails to them I finally got a response that said they had had three complaints of receiving mail not wanted!!
My only problem of recent was trying to sent a 'Thesis' attachment with an email to my son which constantly came back saying unable to sent. After about six goes I sent the document without any trouble via NTL email.
As I'm not very keen on the NTL email outlay I was thinking of opening a paid Hotmail account hoping that the denied access wouldn't happen again.
Interestingly Hotmail did give me access again and I decided to transfer all my 'saved' emails, etc. to my NTL account, but guess what - tonight I looked into the Hotmail account and ALL those emails have been returned to the Hotmail account saying they were unable to deliver just like when I was trying to send that document to my son.
I would be really interested on any views and advise anyone might have.
Thank you.

octal 22:26 04 Feb 2006

There seems to be a major problem between NTL and Hotmail, NTL are blaming Hotmail and Hotmail are blaming NTL which is really annoying because a lot of my contacts use Hotmail and I can't receive any Hotmail email on NTL.
I suggest ditching Hotmail and use another host, I've been using Lycos for years and never had a problem with them click here

canard 22:39 04 Feb 2006

Operamail gets through to ntlworld every time. NTL claim they ban hotmail because of the volume of spam [and there is a lot of it]. But NTL have a running problem with email volume and their capacity to cope with it. So banning hotmail is a VERY handy expense saving move. So many people use hotmail and everyone finds it maddening. I read that NTL has 3 email servers and that although 2 permanently bar hotmail the third lets it through which might explain the odd hotmail that makes it to outlook express.

GG2 22:41 04 Feb 2006

Many thanks Octal for your helpful response. I will definitely look at Lycos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?