hotmail password ??

Ikelos 19:10 11 Oct 2006

Hi all, need some help, here is the email i have received, but i do not know the answer, can anyone help..thanks

"If you are free, I have some PC advice I need help with. It looks like someone has been hacking into my hotmail account and I’ve tried to re-set my password. It says give an alternate e-mail address but the e-mail does not send to it, and I cant remember the answer to my secret question.

Is there a way I can access my hotmail, as I am desperate and have important e-mails to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

sean-278262 19:13 11 Oct 2006

Is this from a legit contact of yours? If so I would advise talking to them to see if it is true. I suspect it is spam and only trying to prompt a reply dont reply to the message that is for sure.

Ikelos 19:18 11 Oct 2006

Hi, good point, yes it is, it is my neighbours daughter, known her for years...

sean-278262 19:31 11 Oct 2006

Well ask them in person or over the phone. See if the message is for real or some sort of spam. Usually they send these things out to get you to reply and it ends up being rubbish to harvest your email address for targeted spam aka the wonderful bigger this, more of that emails.

A

SANTOS7 19:39 11 Oct 2006
  SANTOS7 19:42 11 Oct 2006

should add

in the subject space write=

hkey(/accountping)[[retrieve]] or the request may be ignored..

Ikelos 19:43 11 Oct 2006

the thing is, is there an answer for her. I know it is from her because it is from her firms email account...

Ikelos 19:45 11 Oct 2006

Thanks, I will email your reply to her.thanks again..

SANTOS7 19:45 11 Oct 2006

should be, send the email requesting your passwaord and secret question to the above link..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?