Hotmail needs to forget

Sea Urchin 14:45 12 Oct 2007

A friend of mine has somewhat rashly made Hotmail her Home page, and asked it to remember her email address and password. I have suggested that it would be safer if she keyed in her password each time, as anybody opening IE goes straight into her Inbox. Here is the problem - how can we ask Hotmail NOT to remember her password? I can see no obvious way of doing this, because once you're into the Inbox it's too late. I have confidence that somebody out there will know the answer - thanks in anticipation.

darrenrichie 15:01 12 Oct 2007

Couldn't you just log out and then log back in? If you are doing this from your web browser it will normally ask you for the username and password if you log out and try you log back in. You can then untick the remember me/remember password box.

darrenrichie 15:03 12 Oct 2007

....or delete your cookies from your IE properties or you could use Ccleaner as this gets rid of any cookies cos I have to re-enter my passwords why I use it.

Hope you solve it.

Sea Urchin 15:20 12 Oct 2007

Hi darrenrichie. In the heat of the moment we forgot to sign out, and also the cookies may well be a factor. I am ticking this as resolved as I am sure you have pinpointed the answer. Many thanks.

darrenrichie 15:45 12 Oct 2007

My pleasure. Glad you sorted it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires