Hotmail - has something changed?

[email protected] 21:03 16 Feb 2009

My usual procedure is (or was):-
Boot up - PC signs in to Messenger automatically - window popped up telling I had email - click the box and go straight to my Hotmail Inbox - read mail.
Now I just get the Messenger icon!
Right click it, click Email inbox, and now I am asked to Sign In again. I have selected "save my email address and password" everytime but still I am asked to sign in!
Even though I am signed in to Messenger, if I open the messenger window and click on the "Open your email inbox" icon, I am still asked to sign in.
Doesn't it annoy when your established routine gets changed for you...
Can anyone help me get back to going to me Hotmail Inbox by clicking on the mail notifier window?

Technotiger 21:14 16 Feb 2009

I recently updated my Incredimail program - I use Hotmail for my emails. After the update I found that the program was not receiving any emails, I eventually discovered that Hotmail had changed their Server address in Incredimail. I changed my Server details back to they were before the IM update and since doing so everything is working properly.

It appears to be a Hotmail problem which is being 'worked upon' at this moment.

Check your Server details to see if yours have been changed.

[email protected] 09:46 17 Feb 2009

Thanks for that. I'll just wait a bit then and see what happens.
Cheers.

eedcam 10:56 17 Feb 2009

Hotmail is a pain in the butt recently my page loads but you have to wait a little till its stopped faffing about before you can open anything Methinks it has too much going on in the background

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017