Hotmail crashing Safari after IOS upgrade

Zurdo 17:24 25 Nov 2014
Answered

After upgrading my IPad Air to IOS 8.1.1 Hotmail.com is randomly causing Safari to crash. I've deleted history etc. deleted all data and restored from an ICloud backup but the problem is still there. Anybody else having this issue or know how to cure it?

Woolwell 19:45 25 Nov 2014

I've not had any issue with 8.1.1. You could try using Chrome but all iOS browsers use the underlying Safari. Or perhaps Opera Coast which takes a bit of getting used to.

Zurdo 21:04 25 Nov 2014
Answer

Thanks there Woolwell. I've got chrome but not keen on it. Anyway I've added my hotmail account to the IPad inbuilt mail and can access it there no problem. it was just annoying me that Safari was crashing with Hotmail, it works fine otherwise. Pity there's no Firefox for IPad! Thanks again I'll tick this solved as I can't see anyone can fix it at the moment.

Woolwell 21:26 25 Nov 2014

It's highly unlikely that Firefox will be available on iOS as Mozilla want to use their own underlying engine.

iscanut 12:05 26 Nov 2014

My I padcrashes also when I try to log in to Hotmail. I also use the inbuilt mail system to recover mail but prefer the proper site. I have given up and use Chrome for logging in and that works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?