Hotmail blocking Internet Explorer emails

bob308w 14:22 25 Sep 2009

Untill yesterday, I had no problem emailing a friend with a hotmail account, I had a virus last night, removed it and cleared out all of the junk at the same time, now when I send an email to his address, I receive the following;

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

Connected to 65.55.92.152 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit click here for email delivery information and support.

Even blank pages are rejected as spam, so it appears to be something that I have changed, any ideas please?

Terry Brown 17:29 25 Sep 2009

It looks as if your friend has changed his Email address and deleted the one you used originally.

can you contact your friend on another address (or Telephone him/her) to get more details.
Terry

bob308w 09:10 26 Sep 2009

If that is your idea of help, I will ask my dog next time, your IT knowledge is obviously on a par with his.

iscanut 10:35 26 Sep 2009

If that is your idea of a response, then I doubt anyone will be willing to offer any sort of help. Such an abusive posting is not welcome here ! Terry was simply offering basic advice with good intentions.

beeuuem 12:52 26 Sep 2009

Has the dog offered a solution yet?

lotvic 21:55 27 Sep 2009

""Connected to 65.55.92.152 but sender was rejected.""
looks to me as if that server '65.55.92.152' has blocked your email

You need to contact the Windows Live Hotmail support team for '550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail' see click here about problem.

Why does email bounce? click here for a list of explanations and solutions.

woof, woof and hope it helps.

lotvic 21:58 27 Sep 2009

ps: and don't be so rude to people who are trying to help.

tullie 20:55 29 Sep 2009

What a pleasant chappie

Kevscar1 18:49 30 Sep 2009

If thats his attidude his "friend" has probably blocked him

lotvic 19:50 01 Oct 2009

Ill bite his leg next time.... woof

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017