Hotmail and attachments

the hick 20:55 14 Mar 2008

Is it always a rather long-winded process to send attachments with a Hotmail? For more than one file to attach, there seems to be a lot of 'too-ing and fro-ing' to get back to the folder where files are stored, or am I doing something wrong? Any advice greatly appreciated.

David4637 11:02 15 Mar 2008

You can create attachments on a message in OE, a 5 second exercise. Then OE will connect to Hotmail and send the message and the attachment. It must be easier than logging onto hotmail via a web page. David

the hick 14:35 15 Mar 2008

Thanks David4637, hadnt thought of that. Another query, how can I stop OE from blocking what it thinks are 'unsafe attachments' in an email when it is sent? These were links to engineering - type websites, cars etc. Is it something to do with Comodo firewall or AVG antivirus? Nothing in OE Help section on this.

johnnyrocker 14:50 15 Mar 2008

security settings in oe, untick block attachments etc

johnny.

palinka 14:57 15 Mar 2008

the security setting (Tools>options> security)in OE about attachments is a snare and a delusion. It appears that OE can distinguish good attachments from bad attachments - it can't. The reality is that if you tick "do not allow attachments....that could potentially be a virus" you will find ALL attachments are blocked.
As johnnyrocker says, untick that option.

the hick 15:24 15 Mar 2008

Thanks, done that. Now when I send email with attachments to my Hotmail address, for forwarding from there, Live Hotmail blocks weblinks. The reason for having two email addresses, is to keep one for work-related emails. Most perplexing. Is there a security area in Live Hotmail that I can adjust?

johnnyrocker 15:46 15 Mar 2008

no there is not and i have had several rows with hotmail about taking away from me the facility to decide which is which.

johnny

the hick 15:52 15 Mar 2008

johnyrocker, thanks for your reply, you have confirmed what I suspected!! Bit 'Big Brother' of them IMHO.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?