Horizontal lines on monitor

Colin 21:37 06 Apr 2003

I have had a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 920 19" monitor for almost two years.
Recently it has started to display very faint horizontal lines that appear to move down the screen, sometimes upwards, but mainly down. (I am aware of the two horizontal lines that you get with this type of CRT monitor.) I have looked on the monitor's website and searched various forums but cannot see any mention of this. It is not particularly irritating but I would like to know if the monitor may be faulty. The monitor has a 3 year warranty, but I would like to try to correct the fault before contacting Mitsubishi.

Waldoc85 22:03 06 Apr 2003

I cannot help with your fault but I would certainly recommend contacting Mitsubishi as in my case within 24 hours of reporting a fault my faulty monitor was collected and and an identical loan model was left. Thereafter my monitor was returned about 7 working days later.

Waldoc85 22:05 06 Apr 2003

I cannot help with your fault but I would certainly recommend contacting Mitsubishi as in my case within 24 hours of reporting a fault my faulty monitor was collected and and an identical loan model was left. Thereafter my monitor was returned about 7 working days later.

Gandalph 00:03 07 Apr 2003

Check your refresh rate. If you have an optimum setting rty it.

Colin 15:04 07 Apr 2003

Gandalph, have changed it from 85 hertz to optimal but it made no difference. I will investigate any possible interference but I don't think there is any.

Colin 21:50 14 Apr 2003

For some unknown reason the lines have disappeared of their own accord. I still suspect an interference problem, but can't pin it down to anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?