Hook over Earphone

Audeal 16:44 18 Sep 2006

I am looking for an earphone which I can hook over my ear, just like the ones you see being used at the United Nations where you see a person sitting at the big round table and hooking the earphone over the ear to listen to the translation taking place.

I wear a hearing aid and thought this might be just what I need to hook it over my aid and listen to my music while working on my computer.

Does anybody know what they are called, who makes them and where I can get one from.

Thanks for any help. Audeal.

ArrGee 16:52 18 Sep 2006

Sony MDRJ20W.CE7 for £15
click here

ArrGee 16:54 18 Sep 2006

Click on 'portable audio' on the left, then headphones. These should appear on page 3

ArrGee 16:55 18 Sep 2006

Also these on page 2:
MDRJ20S.CE7

woodchip 17:05 18 Sep 2006

I got one from £1 pound shop includes a Microphone. best I ever had

Audeal 17:06 18 Sep 2006

ArrGee. Thanks for your responce but that is not the type I am looking for.

The ones I want is like an earphone set into a cup, (possible Plastic or Rubber) and can be "Hung over the ear". and just hangs there.

The idea that I want is to compleatly cover my hearing aid inside this cup so I can catch all the sound directly on my aid. but I do not know what they are called.

Can anybody help me track one down.

woodchip 17:10 18 Sep 2006

Mine does not cover Hearing aid, I have one and it would be no good to me, my hearing aid would do nothing but whistle

ArrGee 17:17 18 Sep 2006

Loads of those here
click here

ArrGee 17:18 18 Sep 2006

The term you are looking for is 'clip headphones'

Bagsey 17:48 18 Sep 2006

Have a look at the inductive loop system on this site. My friend has one and says it is very good.
click here
I go along with woodchip, a complete cover up of the hearing aid by a cupped headphone would drive me crazy with the howls and squeals of feedback

wjrt 17:53 18 Sep 2006

click here

this type of thing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?