Honest Appraisals of New Website Appreciated

chrisroyale 14:52 17 Nov 2005

Hi.

A couple of weeks ago I had, what I thought, would be a good idea for a website. Well, after a couple of weeks of learning php and javascript I've got it (mostly) up and running and would appreciate some critical feedback on the design of the site.

The URL is : click here

The basic idea of the website is that anyone can reserve the front page for 15 minutes, and in doing so make themselves 'famous'.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

chrisroyale 20:17 17 Nov 2005

Ah yes, offensive messages... To be honest I had a couple of pretty dodgy pictures early on, but it's properly moderated now with a time-delay so that I can vet the images and links. It's supposed to be a family friendly site so I really want anything offensive on there.

Miles Mendoza? Yes, that would be nice. :)

Forum Editor 12:52 18 Nov 2005

and I wish you luck with it. You'll need to get control of that gallery page before it scrolls off the planet. Create some tables, and put the thumbnails into cells - you'll get more on the pages, and you can add a click-through to larger versions if you want to.

anchor 13:57 18 Nov 2005

All I get is:

This web site is coming soon

If you are the owner of this web site you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site.

GroupFC 14:03 18 Nov 2005

All I get is "this website is coming soon" and "If you are the owner of this web site you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information."

??

GroupFC 14:04 18 Nov 2005

Snap!

chrisroyale 14:16 18 Nov 2005

Hi.

Thanks for that info. I'm currently changing the hosting account and the URL redirection has come into place much sooner than I expected - I only requested it 15 minutes ago!

I've quickly dropped an index page which will take you to the site's new temporary home.

click here

Apologies for any inconvenience!

Chris.

chrisroyale 01:56 19 Nov 2005

Just another quick message to say I've moved the site to the new hosting server. Thanks for all the feedback so far :)

Cheers,
Chris.

chrisroyale 22:54 20 Nov 2005

Hi Everyone.

Just to let you know I have completely redesigned the site and hopefully it is an improvement on the first version.

Check it out : click here

Thanks for your feedback, and please don't be afraid to reserve your 15 minutes of fame! :)

If anyone can give me any advice on how to market this site to get more hits I'd appreciate it.

Cheers!
Chris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?