Homepage changed in I.E.

jack48 00:17 23 Jan 2004

For the last few weeks I have been having a problem with my homepage being reset to "none" while my computer is connected to the Internet.
When I try to open my home page nothing happens although I am connected to the Internet. If I look at the settings in the IE properties all that appears in the home page text box is a square. If I re-enter my normal home page and click apply it simply changes back to the square again. I have Browser Hijack Blaster installed and running but this makes no difference. Can anyone help?

cycoze 00:22 23 Jan 2004

Try stopping protection in Browser Hijack Blaster , then change your settings in IE , apply , then set protection in BHB again.

johnnyrocker 00:23 23 Jan 2004

you dont state your os but as a start i would suggest click here and use that followed by getting spy bot from click here and then take it from there.

johny.

jack48 00:37 23 Jan 2004

Thanks for your advice. I am running XP and I already have spybot installed and run it every day, I also have windows and internet washer installed and set to clear all when I close my connection. I disabled the Browser Blaster as you suggested but it made no difference. The last time this happened I had to do a system restore to correct it. I am using Opera at the moment and this never seems to have anything like the problems IE has.

cycoze 00:43 23 Jan 2004

Have a look at spybot , click on spybot-s-d in the right pane , next click on `immunize` , now in the right pane scroll down , there is an option there to lock the homepage , you can try removing that aswell as the BHB one , close IE and reopen it and change the start page , apply.

After doing that , reset spybot and BHB again.

jack48 01:17 23 Jan 2004

Still no luck, thanks for your advice but it looks like I will have to do a system restore again, at least that seems to work!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires