Home/interior design/planning software. Any ideas?

QinesiQ 19:05 13 Aug 2006

Does anyone know of a basic, cheap (preferably free!!) home design/planning software?

Instead of putting pencil to graph paper I would like to be able to input my room/door/window and furniture dimensions, shift things around as desired and be able to see 2D and 3D images of the end result – save and print!

Different rooms would be good with standard fittings and fixtures that could be tweaked in size to give a good overall impression of finished result.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this question is not appropriate here.

Thanks
Q

Forum Editor 19:14 13 Aug 2006

and if you click here you'll find out what you want to know.

Don't expect to get anything really good for nothing, and make sure that before you take the plunge you've checked that your chosen application can work with metric scaling.

QinesiQ 19:57 13 Aug 2006

I agree and take back what I said about free!

I was just checking out Floorplan 3D. It is a good price and it seems to be fully customisable.

I shall have a further nosy around. Thanks again for your link that’s really helped me out.

As for metric good tip and it has to be as I can’t manage imperial – it makes no sense to me!!

Wak 20:04 13 Aug 2006

Here's a FREE CAD program for you to try?

click here

QinesiQ 20:21 13 Aug 2006

Thanks for that link.

Floorplan has a 15 day free trial. It is not the version I preferred but it will give me an idea. The link from the IMSI website for purchases actually got me to an even better price!

I will have a play and I will certainly get an idea before I take the plunge.

Thanks again

QinesiQ 23:50 13 Aug 2006

I have been playing with the Floorplan trial and it has done everything I wanted it to do and it has been easy to get to grips within a short time. I will experiment further and order the full prog if still satisfied.

Thank you for your imput and I will tick as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?