home page p

pellim 19:58 05 Nov 2011
Answered

New laptop problem -Internet Explorer will open with my preferred home page but after visiting other sites, I have to enter the address again. I'd like my home page to stay around on a tab,so that I can revert to it in a second. I've entered it in the Internet Options general page, but to no avail.

The Kestrel 09:43 06 Nov 2011

One way around is to press CTRL T to open a new tab as soon as you open IE and use this tab for your surfing. You will still then have the original tab with IE available to use.

raziel08 17:32 06 Nov 2011
Answer

If you have set the selected page as your homepage then simply press the home button in IE (the little house icon). Pressing this will change the current page to your selected homepage.

Also in internet options go to general options - tabs and press settings. on here there is an option "when an new tab is opened"; in there is an option to select your homepage when an new tab opens.

then using The Kestrels suggestion to open an new tab will now open up your homepage.

pellim 21:53 06 Nov 2011

Thanks very much Kestrel and razie108 for your helpful suggestions. I think my problem is now sorted. How do I indicate that the query has been resolved? Sorry - I don't know how to do this.

Woolwell 11:29 07 Nov 2011

By Kestrel and razie108's replies there should be a grey tick to the right. Click on it and it should turn green = resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?