home page keeps changing to greatsearch.biz

TBH1 13:47 14 Apr 2004

My home page keeps changing to greatsearch.biz - - this a site pointing me to spybot sort of software. I "x" out of this and get a page with , amongst other things,"Connected via 156 -" and asks if I want to protect myself - -this latter page has no facility to exit, have to ctrl/ald/del to end task. I have run spybot and adaware and is still happening. Am running a 90 day trial of etrust antivirus and thats not showing anything. Any ideas - - had a similar problem like this on my old PC but spybot sorted. Am new to xp restore, used goback in the past and thought I could restore back to this morning but I can't.

keenan 13:54 14 Apr 2004

Try this to remove

click here

and to protect from further changes

click here

TBH1 14:11 14 Apr 2004

keenan - thanks for this mate, ran the first hijack thingy - - but still getting warning from winpatrol that somethings gonna change home page, cannot download from the seconf link, a duff link in there somewhere

byfordr 15:13 14 Apr 2004

Run the following after downloading and updating, until clean:-

Adaware
click here

Spybot
click here

Trojan Remover click here

The Cleaner click here

CoolWebShredder & killme (kazaa begone, startup list, hijack this may also be of use) click here or
click here

When you are clean add:-

spyware blaster click here

start page guard click here

HTH

R

TBH1 15:40 14 Apr 2004

byfordr - -done the first 2, will sort out the remainder now.

keenan 16:04 14 Apr 2004

Sorry, about the second link

click here

if you still need it.

TBH1 18:26 14 Apr 2004

think I've got rid of it - -not quite sure which of the above links did it but it appears tohave gone. When I run hijackthis , and choosing the relevant files (7 of them) it does delete them and they stay deleted. Gonna have to take extra care on this BB I guess.

TBH1 18:27 14 Apr 2004

PS again, thanks to all who had a go here - - watch out for my next problem - - and there will be one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?