Home page

Switcher 14:24 29 Nov 2008

My internet home page is set to Google.co.uk. Is it possible to set it to default to "Pages from the UK" at present neither that option nor "the Web" option is preselected.

johndrew 14:31 29 Nov 2008

Which browser ar you using? If Firefox go to `Tools/Options/Main` and change the URL for the Startup page there.

Switcher 15:58 29 Nov 2008

JohnDrew

I.E 7 on XP I want to keep home page at Google. Within Google search, having entered search required, one must select to search pages from the UK or the web by pressing a radio button. I would like to default to the "UK" option to save me having to select it every time.

Pineman100 18:33 29 Nov 2008

Yes, I get absolutely exhausted clicking the "pages from the UK" radio button, too. ;o)

But I don't know any way of getting Google to default to this.

Sea Urchin 19:53 29 Nov 2008

If you scroll about half-way down this page there appears to be a solution to this problem by Jamie on 13 December 2007.

click here

Sea Urchin 19:59 29 Nov 2008

.....and yes it does work

click here

peter99co 21:13 29 Nov 2008

If you remove Google cookies you lose options don't you?

Switcher 22:08 29 Nov 2008

Pineman
Glad to know that I am not the only one to be irritated by this.

Sea Urchin
Yes thanks. It did not work at first but turned out to be because I had my preference set in SEARCH LANGUAGES as Prefer pages in English which meant that neither radio button was pressed this was part of my original attempt to solve the problem.

Anyway solved now Thanks !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?