Home page

fazer 14:08 04 May 2004

Can someone please help me with this.

Very recently I have been unable to set my homepage to the one I want (Google). Have tried going into Tools-Internet options etc. and pressing "Use Current" then "Apply" but every time I then re-open Explorer, the Homepage has reverted back to the one I'm trying to get rid of. This homepage that has suddenly decided to take root on my computer, suddenly appeared overnight - have tried deleting it from the temp files, have emptied all other on and off-line temp. files but all to no avail.

Am running Explorer on XP with a broadband connection. Have Norton Firewall and Antiviral software - no alerts received. Computer turned off when not in use!

AndySD 14:16 04 May 2004

Download then install then update then run the free version of AdAware click here

QuickHare 14:18 04 May 2004

You have a program installed which resets the homepage to its own page. It's a common trick for... advertising? hacking? I don't know the reason why people do it, but it is annoying.

The worst bit is that you didn't know it was installed.

To get rid of it, run Spybot's Search and Destroy from most good PC Advisor coverdiscs and that'll find the offender for you, giving you the option to get rid of it.

fazer 19:23 04 May 2004

AndySD,

Thank you. I did what you suggested, removed 26 "things" and everything is a-ok.

Thank you again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?