Home network problems

jboyd 12:36 27 Jun 2008

I have a small home network which worked OK until a couple of days ago. I have an XP Computer which is the main PC and connects to the internet through an ADSL Modem (Zoom) and a laptop which is connected to the PCs netwrok card by a crossover cable to access the Internet; this has worked for 2 years now without problem.

I recently installed the latest version of Kaspersky to the main PC (I have used this AV solution for years now without issues) and lost the Internet to the laptop. Kaserpsky managed to get the connection running enough for me to download the latest version to the laptop but it has now stopped connecting. I have full connection via the crossover cable and the connections in 'My Network Connections' show they are connected OK. But I cannot get IE7 to connect from the laptop and it won't access any of the shared network folders either, even with Kaserpsky firewall and Windows firewall disabled. I have checked Device Manager for any problems there but the network hardware shows as OK and there are lights on the network card as well.

I have even refreshed the network connections and have run out of ideas now. Any help would be appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?