Home Network problems

Analyst02 20:32 19 Apr 2004

I am trying to setup a home network through a crossover cable through an AOL Broadband connection. Both Machines have XP Pro, Have run the 'Network setup wizard' and they can see eachother and share files etc. I have attempted to ping them and they are fine, with nothing lost. The client is setup to connect to 192,168,0,1 and when i click on internet explorer it keeps saying page cannot be displayed. eventhough this is the IP address of the host. Am i missing something simple or am i trying to achieve something that is nigh impossible with a hit and miss possibility. Can someone just confirm the settings i should have for both host and client. thanks in advance

critic-al 20:39 19 Apr 2004

see if this helps click here

silliw 21:49 19 Apr 2004

While you may have successfully set both machines to share resources, check to make sure that the devices that connects to your AOL Broadband is also set to share. If it is not then only the host will connect.

howard60 21:50 19 Apr 2004

this sounds like a firewall problem if you are using zone alarm go to the firewall page - main and set internet zone security to medium and trusted zone to low. If you are using a different firewall look for similar commands

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?