Home network with mobile broadband?

ArcAngel67 19:36 20 May 2009

I have been considering getting rid of my BT landline and connecting to the internet via mobile broadband.

Only one problem, we have 3 PCs in the house, that are currently connected to the internet via wireless network. Will we still be able to run 3 PCs from the same mobile broadband connection or will we need 3 separate dongles (if so can we get 3 dongles on one account or will we need 3 different accounts)?

mgmcc 20:52 20 May 2009

Theoretically, 'Yes' you can run three PCs from a Mobile Broadband connection and the "Three" network does have a Mobile Broadband Wireless Router click here However, my experience with Three's Mobile Broadband (the only network available in my area) is that it only just provides an acceptable performance with a single computer.

You could, of course, set up "Internet Connection Sharing" in one of the PCs in the same way as with any other internet connection.

As every 'dongle' has its own SIM card and '07' phone number (which can send/receive text messages via the computer) a separate account would be required for each one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?