home entertainment PC or home build

thefarquharson 22:37 22 Apr 2004

hi all
i'm looking to buy a cube, shuttle or MSI mega. But the problem being as i have HIFI separates and i would like to have everything look the same. The shape of the above is not suited to my needs. SOO i was thinking of building my own PC for replacing the VIDEO player. Any advice for a motherboard, graphics card, slim case, etc would be appricated.

thanks

billyliv 00:42 23 Apr 2004

Hi, I would like to help, but the options are virtually limitless. It all comes down to what you are prepared to spend. Building your own is rewarding, but, can cost a lot more than systems that are on offer. Cheers, Bill

byfordr 06:52 23 Apr 2004

May be worth checking out Evesham (I think it was them) one of the companies had a typical high fi shaped box for sale, advertised in one of the magazines this month. I'll have a dig around and see if I could find it.

R

byfordr 13:57 23 Apr 2004

£900 Evesham - E box
£1000 Hi grade

Look to be the same case, sort of hi-fi ish.

HTH

R

dieharder1 00:10 25 Apr 2004

Had a look at the evesham and hi grade both look good machines, but cant see a way to upgrade them with a DVD recorder. Building my own seems to be the way to go i can buy 1 thing at a time till a have a complete system (wife wont notice the bank balance going down too quickly). But what

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone