Hoe do i speed up my T- mobile download speed?

rafael 14:40 13 Oct 2009

I bought a t mobile b'band usb stick 120 yesterday. Its ridiculously slow. Its supposed to be 3.6mbps download speed but what im actually getting is nowhere near even 0.5 mbps, often much less, and sometimes it even goes down to 0.

Whats going on? How do i speed this thing up?

wiz-king 15:13 13 Oct 2009

And you belived the adverts!
If you are in a poor signal area then it will be slow, also any errors or noise will cause the error correction to wind the speed down. All you can do is to put the computer in the best possible place to get a signal.

rafael 15:24 13 Oct 2009

Im not in a poor signal area. Is there anything (specifically) that i can do that will maybe speed things up?

sunnystaines 16:07 13 Oct 2009

we have stopped using our t-mobile PAYG dongle used to be fast but last 5-6 weeks been dreadful moved to "3" far better

rafael 16:57 13 Oct 2009

Im sure it depends on a number of things, but really all id like to know is if theres a way to speed it up.

sunnystaines 17:16 13 Oct 2009

get a 3m usb lead put one end in the pc the other to the dongle then try and get the dongle near a window or raise it higher to get a faster signal.
do not go above 3m cable as it would be counter productive

rafael 17:51 13 Oct 2009

Thanks, ill try that as soon as i can get hold of a usb cable. Any more ideas, anyone?

ambra4 05:39 14 Oct 2009

Take a read “How to Boost your Mobile Broadband 3G Signal”

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?