Hitachi External Hard Drive Purchase Good Or Bad?

Big L 266 14:35 13 Jul 2010

Hello.

I need a third external hard drive which is easy to operate like my Maxtor and Western Digital. I have seen an external hard drive which looks good and appears to have exactly what I want namely easy operation for my Dell 540 Studio Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit system.

Its full title is the Hitachi LS-1000-EMEA 3.5-inch 1TB Simpledrive External USB Hard Drive.

May I please kindly ask you for your opinions on this. Just bear in mind if you would I want to do a full backup including 40,000 music tracks taking up 190Gb of space.

Thank you very much for your kind help. It will be appreciated.

Big L 266

northumbria61 14:54 13 Jul 2010

"I have seen an external hard drive which looks good and appears to have exactly what I want"

You appear to have answered your own question and must have been doing some research to find it and narrow it down to this Hitachi. It is about personal choice at the end of the day and price.
It's just a case of finding the right price.

Big L 266 15:12 13 Jul 2010

Hello.

Well,I guess you're right. I have done a great deal of research and narrowed it down to a company who I have great respect for. I only ask as there may well be others here who have one and whose expertise is better than mine in this matter.

Thankfully,the right price is on a website I buy frequently from. One firm I rang to ask about setting up this Hitachi on my system couldn't tell me and referred me back to the information on their own website. No sale there for lack of knowledge on their part to this fussy old customer.

Thank you for your help though.

Big L 266

northumbria61 15:46 13 Jul 2010

Good luck Big L 266 - or should I say Good Big backups !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone