hijacked please help

dazzlet2004 00:13 05 Sep 2006

hi seem to have been hijacked by 404dnserror and safetyhomepage.
i have run several anti spyware progs such as adaware spybot spyware doctor and a couple of others but i cant seem to get rid of the internet explorer hijacker. when i open internet explorer i see my homepage address in the bar correct then it jumps to either click here or click here.
how do i get rid of this does anybody have any ideas to help me please i am rather annoyed and angry by this.

thanks

johnnyrocker 00:22 05 Sep 2006

ok for starters what is your os, what antispyware do you have on board, have you tried changing it in ie options?

johnny

SANTOS7 00:23 05 Sep 2006

click here

this may help..

User-312386 00:24 05 Sep 2006

in IE click on tools>internet option and delete files and cookies and history

Now run Spybot 9update it as well) and adaware click here

dazzlet2004 00:26 05 Sep 2006

my operating system is windows xp pro. i have got ewido, ad-aware se, spybot, spyware doctor, avg anti virus, panda antivirus, the cleaner, ccleaner, xoft spy. none of which can find or get rid of theis problem i am having

skidzy 00:26 05 Sep 2006

Also try running Ewido click here

This hijacker can be a pain to remove,you may be best following the faithful route
Download Hijackthis click here and post the scan log click here here they have the experts to advise you accordingly.

skidzy 00:26 05 Sep 2006

Remember only one AV as you will have conflicts. Sorry just noticed you have run Ewido

dazzlet2004 00:30 05 Sep 2006

i only have one antivirus running i ran panda as an extra to try and get rid of this thing. i have tried all the advice you have come up with allready as i have been at this all day and found some ideas on other forums from searching but none of which have worked yet

skidzy 00:38 05 Sep 2006

Dazz...so you tried the Malware removal and they didnt fix the problem...strange and very hard to believe.
They are highly recommended here,luckily ive never had to deal with them (yet).

If you havnt posted your log there,i would strongly suggest you do.

It can be a lenghty process to rid this hijacker,i cleaned a friends pc of this,using the smitfraudfix process with Ewido among others.

dazzlet2004 00:42 05 Sep 2006

i downloaded the smitfraudfix but when i clcik on it it always says the process file is missing but it is in the directory and is not missing at all. i have posted my log file from hijack this but no responses as yet

ezypcy 01:03 05 Sep 2006

dazzlet2004 hi
Go into C:\Program files and have a look at the
various folders.See if you find anything unusual.
If you do then try to Uninstall them from within Control Panel_Add/Remove Programs.

Also try Start->Run->type in 'msconfig'(without " ' ")->click Startup tab.
Have a look at what programs are set to run at startup.
If you see anything very unusual un-tick it ,then
later try and see if it will uninstall,as above.

Hopefully the name of the malware will stare you straight in the face.
Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?