Hiding Windows updates

JM45 00:07 29 Jan 2007

How do I hide a windows update that has been downloaded but do not want to install. Thanks in advance

Totally-braindead 00:10 29 Jan 2007

I don't understand what you mean. If you tick the window update to download it then it downloads and installs automatically. It doesn't download to somewhere and then give you the option to install it.
Am I picking you up wrong, could you explain?

JM45 00:37 29 Jan 2007

I have a update to office 2003 that will not install and I want to hide it as I am fed up being told I have an update. I have switched from automatic updates to download and then I check them on the custom install as I had a previous IE7 automatically install which created mayhem on the machine which required a windows reinstall. Does this make sense.

squillary 03:56 29 Jan 2007

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't windows update offer the option of hiding individual updates when they come up? I don't have any outstanding to confirm that, but under "Options" in the sidebar of Windows Update there's a choice to unhide what you've already selected to hide. The solution's somewhere in that part of the windows update site.

JM45 11:02 29 Jan 2007

I have now cracked it, right click update icon and click custom install, untick update and close and there is a box appears to ask if you do not want reminding again. Thanks for the input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?