Hiding page names in address bar

babybell 10:59 07 Feb 2006

I have a website, click here but i don't like that whenu click on a page it displays it in the address bar. Is there a way of hiding these extensions so that no matter what page your on it will only say kingswoodrfc. co. uk rather than kingswoodrfc. co. uk/matchreport

mco 12:00 07 Feb 2006

Why is it a problem to you?

babybell 12:34 07 Feb 2006

Just is, i've been on some sites where the domain name just stays the same and i think it just adds a bit more professionalism to the site. It's not really a problem.

ade.h 16:55 07 Feb 2006

I normally give my pages unique titles, based partly on the name of the site - for example:

My Website - How to contact us

My Website - Introduction

But if you want the same page title, you can just as easily use My Website on all pages.

ade.h 16:57 07 Feb 2006

I've had a look at your site and it already has just the site name in the title bar for every page.

mco 17:07 07 Feb 2006

he/she means the filename of the page that you'd get in the address bar - such as mywebsite slash gallery or whatever. I'd go with forummember's suggestion. although looking at your site again now, I see the names are meaningful now - 'match' 'results' etc. Wonder if you've changed them since I last looked; if not, they seem fine as they are

ade.h 17:22 07 Feb 2006

Well, if Babybell does mean the page names - and not titles - then that is just as easy to control, but if he/she wants no page names at all, then frames are indeed the only way as far as I know. Example click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?